"Girl with the Skull Tattoo" 47 x 40 cm

"Girl with the Skull Tattoo" 47 x 40 cm
For inquries; www.jackieedwardsart.com

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to my Blog.

WELCOME,
                  This is my 1st post.I"d like to tell you about a project of mine that is getting underway!
It came to mind that i wanted to paint some figurative pieces that were dynamic and had some impact, i want originality and what can be a better subject (to me) than tattooed people!
              So i first started by placing an add on the Midleton Tattoo convention page on  Facebook . It read something like;
                                     WANTED TATTOOED PEOPLE 
Artist looking for; 
Characters,
Beautifull bods,Bald heads and Scarey heads!
To paint for an exhibition.
Would you like to be immortatized on canvas?
Please contact me.

             I received a great response and now have at least forteen tattooed people to model for my project. The approach to the paintings i"m taking is to draw my intended images, a very rough idea of poses and what i"m looking for and then have a professional photoshoot, and go from there.
            I have been so lucky so far with some amazing looking people to model.The first shoot will take place next week in kilkenny, with a very unique looking male who oozes character, cant wait AND he has a female to model along on some poses.
            All my drawings are prepared and the models and photographer have some great idea"s of their own.
            I still cant beleive it EVERYONE has voluteered so it really has a good start.
My plan? Hopefully a very large exhibition somewhere with around twenty paintings.What better than people who carry their art on their skin? a painting in a painting!
       I"m not just looking to portray beautiful young things but REAL people, old and young, people with something to say through their body art.
All in all i think its a unique project and, i hope, entirely my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment